Find Gallatin TN Homes for Sale
Looking for Gallatin TN Homes for Sale?
This gorgeous community of Gallatin TN Homes for Sale is located approximately 30 miles northeast of Nashville. And yes, Readers Digest just recently voted it to be the nicest place in America to live in the United States.
Gallatin is a lakefront community on Old Hickory Lake, which is the only lake in the area that offers residential living. It’s so easy to find waterfront homes for sale in Gallatin TN – because Gallatin offers 26 miles of shoreline and many of the homes have docks or dock permits. It has a population of nearly 35,000 people. Gallatin is the Sumner County seat. It has a diverse population and many kinds of real estate and housing opportunities from small homes in town to Luxury Lakefront Homes. Take a look at some of the stunning homes for sale in Gallatin TN. You will even find some lakefront condos with docks. Scroll down to see that we have links to many of the popular Gallatin subdivisions. Here you will find when the homes were built, average prices, neighborhood amenities, schools, and photos. Be sure to take a look at our real estate market reports. These informative reports are prepared for both Gallatin and Hendersonville real estate markets.
How Far is Gallatin TN from Nashville TN?
This gorgeous Middle Tennessee community is located approximately 30 miles northeast of Nashville. It is a lakefront community on Old Hickory Lake, which is the only lake in the area that offers residential living. It’s so easy to find lakefront homes for sale in Gallatin TN – because Gallatin offers 26 miles of shoreline and many of the homes have docks or dock permits. It has a population of nearly 35,000 people. Gallatin is the Sumner County seat. It has a diverse population and many kinds of housing opportunities from small homes in town to Luxury Lakefront Homes. You will even find some lakefront condos with docks. Scroll down to see that we have links to many of the popular Gallatin subdivisions. Here you will find when the homes were built, average prices, neighborhood amenities, schools, and photos. Don’t miss seeing what Hendersonville has to offer as well!
Gallatin TN – Zip Code 37066
This small but fast-growing city is located in Middle Tennessee. It was established as the permanent county seat of Sumner County in 1802. It was named after Albert Gallatin, who was President Thomas Jefferson’s Treasury Secretary. In spite of the rapid population growth that Gallatin has experienced in the recent past, it has maintained its’ small community feel. The City of Gallatin prides itself with a thriving economy and extraordinary scenic beauty. This makes Gallatin one of the best places to live in the Nashville area. You will find 600 acres of parks and a greenway network, as well as access to Old Hickory Lake. Triple Creek Park is located just north of town, and it’s very busy on weekends with youth softball, baseball, and soccer games. The City of Gallatin offers indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a public golf course, a dog park, a skate park and several biking trails. The Cages Bend Campground – Gallatin TN offers great camping facilities on Old Hickory Lake.
Gallatin TN Weather
The weather in Gallatin TN is almost always comfortable. We do have four seasons, but winters are short and mild. We see very little snow, but occasionally an ice storm will come this way. Tornadoes? We sometimes see a tornado watch, but I’ve lived here for over 30 years…and have seen five tornadoes that actually did any damage. In watching the weather, it seems that the area south of Nashville gets more severe weather than we do here in Sumner County.
Cost of Living in Gallatin
What about the cost of living? Gallatin’s cost of living is 3.8% below the national average. This is also reflected in the cost of houses. We are committed to helping you find affordable Gallatin TN Homes for Sale. Whether you want to buy a one-bedroom cottage or a luxurious lakefront home, we will help you find it. And, at the best possible price!
Why Choose Gallatin TN Homes for Sale?
As Buyer’s Agents – we want you to pay special attention to the Gallatin TN homes for sale that lie between Gallatin and Hendersonville because it just doesn’t get much better than this. Gorgeous, gorgeous homes in Fairvue Plantation and Foxland. Both areas have restaurants and golf courses. Beautiful scenery! Actually, this area was once a vacation destination for European Royalty. They liked to come here for fox hunts. You will still see historical places and markers for this and a lot of subdivision names like Foxland and Foxland Harbor & Hunt Club. It truly is an awesome place to live. Volunteer State Community College is a two-year college, but offers many classes for adult education. You’ll be glad you looked for and found Gallatin TN Homes for Sale!
Take a look at all the important information, entertainment and things to do in the entire Nashville area.
Getting to Nashville from Gallatin TN
From Gallatin, there are two major routes into Nashville – U.S. Highway 31E is the old established route. And the newer Highway 386 by-pass runs all the way from downtown Nashville via I-65 into Gallatin. Long Hollow Pike doesn’t go into Nashville but runs from I-65 into Gallatin. See location may below…
Gallatin TN Land for Sale
Schools and Medical Facilities
There are six Elementary, three Middle Schools and two high schools that serve Gallatin. Gallatin High School serves Gallatin students. Station Camp High School serves both Hendersonville and Gallatin students. There are also three private schools in Gallatin. These are Sumner Academy, Southside Christian School and St. John Vianney Catholic. Volunteer State Community College is also in Gallatin.
Sumner Regional Medical Center is newly renovated and the Gallatin Public Library is brand new. Gallatin is served by the Sumner County Regional Airport for corporate jets and private planes. The DMV – Gallatin TN is conveniently located off U.S. 31E on N. Bluejay Way.
Gallatin TN Restaurants
Restaurants in Gallatin TN are many and varied. You’ll find ‘Meat & 3’s”, Fast Food, Pizza shops, Mexican, Casual Dining and several upscale restaurants as well. One great ‘Meat & 3’ restaurant is Top Hog on Blythe Avenue. Get there early so you can get a seat! The Pizza Hut – Gallatin TN is very popular, located just off U.S. 31E (Nashville Pike). Another popular pizza restaurant is Painturos, across from Volunteer State College. Dominos – Gallatin TN is located on Maple Street for take-out pizza.
You’ll find the Cracker Barrel – Gallatin TN on Highway 31E – and they are always busy for dining and shopping. Chili’s, El Cantarito and Panera Bread are also on Nashville Pike. The Chocolate Covered Strawberry is a unique restaurant that women seem to love. And always a favorite is Longhorn Steak House. Want to try a ’50s Diner? Try Swaney Swift’s on the Square in Gallatin at 118 N. Water St. It’s an old drugstore that has added the restaurant. Whatever your taste, you’ll find a great restaurant in Gallatin TN.
Shopping in Gallatin TN
Gallatin offers a wide variety of shopping. Most of these major stores listed are on Highway 31E, which is the main highway that runs through Gallatin. Highway 31E is also called Nashville Pike, Gallatin Road or Johnny Cash Parkway.
- Walmart – Gallatin TN This is a supercenter with groceries, auto, and basic shopping.
- Lowes – Gallatin TN – Located at Browns Lane
- Publix – Gallatin TN – Located across from Volunteer State College
- Kroger – Gallatin TN – There are 2 Krogers in Gallatin – one is in town and the Kroger Marketplace is at Cages Bend Road.
- Walgreens – Gallatin TN – There are 2 Walgreens in Gallatin – one at Maple Street and the other across from Volunteer State College.
- Discount Tire – Gallatin TN is located at Browns Lane in front of Lowes.
- Belk – Gallatin TN is located in the Walmart Shopping Center complex.
Things to Do in Gallatin
You’re in luck if you like water activities such as boating, fishing, camping…or even just a picnic by the lake. There are several fishing tournaments every year that you can enjoy. Other things might interest you:
- Bledsoe Creek State Park – On Old Hickory Lake. A smaller state park with walking/hiking trails and camping.
- Douglass-Clark House – Historical house that was once used as a courthouse by Andrew Jackson – 615-991-5119
- Cumberland River Cruises 615-451-4001
- Station Camp Greenway – Jogging paths and outdoor activities. Long Hollow Pike.
- Calico Jack’s – Boat Rentals, Tours 615-461-8554
- Long Hollow Golf Course – Public – 615-451-3120
- Trousdale Place – Historic Home with a lot of Civil War history. 615-452-5648
Gallatin TN Hotels
Most of the Hotels are in a price range of $70-$100 per night. These would include these:
- Econo Lodge (615-452-5433)
- Quality Inn (615-451-4494)
- Legacy Inn (615-452-4521)
- Comfort Inn (615-230-8300)
- The Hampton Inn (615-206-9595) is a bit more expensive.
- Hancock House Bed & Breakfast (615-452-8431) on U.S. 31E.
Jobs in Gallatin TN
Looking for a job? The major employers in Gallatin are:
- Sumner County Government and Schools
- Sumner Regional Medical Center – 615-328-8888
- Volunteer State Community College – 615-452-8600
- Servpro Industries – Disaster Clean-up – 615-451-0200
- Samick Musical Instruments – 615-206-0077
- Hoeganaes – Mechanical – 615-451-2000
- The Gap – Clothing Manufacturer – 615-230-2300
Here are several smaller manufacturing plants that you might try:
- Western Reserve Plastics – Plastics manufacturer – 615-451-9700
- Rich Products – Food Manufacturing – 615-452-4892
- Tess Company – Oxygen Products – 615-230-2013
- ABC Technologies – Plastics Fabrication – 615-575-0237
- Beretta – Firearms Manufacturer – 800-237-3882 – new to Gallatin
- Wil-Ro, Inc. – Truck Parts – 615-452-6119
- CSI Medical – Pharmaceuticals – 615-452-9633
- Bradford Company – Packaging – 615-451-9000
- Insteel – Wire Products – 615-451-6330
Browse Gallatin TN Homes for Sale